Christmas, Craft, Cooking, Kindness
Erasmus Shared Theme November/December
Ideas for Activities “Sparks” A WellbeingProject www.sparkswb.eu
- Ceramic Words… gifts make and give…..Make 3D clay (maybe air dry clay if you don’t have a kiln!) letters to form a word or slogan which can stand on a shelf or other surface in the spirit of our project …such as ……RELAX , BREATHE, SMILE, Be You etc. Maybe glaze or paint in recipient’s favourite colour. Alternatively form the word on a plaque to hang on wall or door. Also stamp or write on sparkswb.eu to lead people to take a look at our website.
Be great to photo or video the process to send to partners or put on Sparks website.
- Make Christmas crackers containing wellbeing messages, lucky charms and paper hats with uplifting words on them.
- Pupils Learn a new craft …. such as simple crochet, origami, paper craft etc (to make simple gift) and then pass the skill on to someone else (video it to pass on to wider …..audience/partners via website etc) Can become Christmas tree decorations, present tags etc.
- More CERAMICS …Make a mug , vase, bowl or plate and decorate with uplifting messages…and images .to give as gifts ….You Shine, Make today count , Just be You , You Inspire Well deserved break, Super hero etc. See ceramics of Grayson Perry for instance Also stamp or write on sparkswb.eu to lead people to take a look at our website.
- Festive Paper chains, Bunting, Advent calendars …Make festive paperchains , bunting or Advent calendar which have messages/micro actions (possibly hidden and then revealed on a date )…for instance…” Tell someone a joke today” or “Praise some one’s actions” “Count ow many species of bird you have seen today” “learn the name of a tree or plant in your garden or road”. These are ideal as group or class projects if this is possible.
- Tote Bags /Cushion covers as gifts. Print, paint or applique wellbeing messages on to plain bags , cushions or T shirts to give as gifts. Ideas for messages : You light up the room, Talk, it helps and heals , like nature take time and have patience.
- Message cookies and cakes. Bake some cakes or biscuits with iced messages or words to give as gifts.
- Make cookies and cakes with happy, funny messages on them…give as a present or sell on stall for charity. Video how to do it to share
- Christmas time story.. Write a short story or poem with a kind message/moral for a younger child, make into a mini book and set aside time to read it to or with them. They could then produce their own version based on it. Possibly make it into drama or animation.
Share and Compare with other sites or partner schools on website or by email.
Share and Compare with other sites or partner schools on website or by email