We had an inspirational first meeting with teachers from Germany, Hungary, Ireland and Poland for our new Erasmus, Well Being project – Sparks.
The aims and objectives for the Initial /Opening Conference of Sparks Project in London were as follows:
To meet one another in person and learn the roles played in organisations by individual staff. To gain knowledge about the about the partner schools ethos and ways of working and reasons for involvement in this particular project. To gain some insight from experts in the field of mental health and well being and through direct immersion/experience learn some skills and techniques from a professional theatre group. To learn about hospital education in London by visiting several of the 8 hospital school sites of CCHS , observing lessons and talking to staff. Meeting to choose the Sparks project logo from the entries prepared by partners school children, prepare an action plan and order for initial teaching and learning activities methods of sharing these.
Programme for 2 Day Conference
Day 1 Copthorne Tara Hotel, Kensington London
1. Introductions by Janette Steel Principal and Kim Davies co ordinator CCHS
2. Ice breaker drama activity with “Chickenshed” theatre group. An immersive introduction to drama activities for a feel good booster and to raise self esteem and boost confidence.
3. A Key note speech on Resilience in Young people by Clare Gold of “Young Minds” This will be available on the sparks website.
4. Talk by leaders of CCHS website “ Well at School” an introduction to its use and aims
Lunch … mingle and meet and opportunity for a healthy led walk
5. A talk and video by an ex pupil/patient from CCHS on the importance of learning resilience and how hospital school helped her with this.
6. Presentations… by reps about partner schools and the current methods they have to consider the mental health and well being of their pupils
Optional Evening meal
ERASMUS ”Sparks” A Wellbeing Project
Initial Conference LONDON Day 2 Tuesday 26th February
Address: The Millenium Gloucester, Kensington 4-18 Harrington Gardens, Kensington, London SW7 4LH
Phone: 020 7373 6030
9.am ….Meet in Harrington Boardroom……coffee
9.30 to approx 11.30 Visits to hospital school sites as follows :
3 in each group….probably
Group A …JS visit ……C.W and then Collingham ,
Group B …AM visit….Collingham and St Marys
Group C …SD visit ….RBH and then Collingham
11.30 approx to 1.00 ….start viewing logos and other planning
1.00 to 2.00…sandwich lunch …possibly working lunch?
2 to 4.00…..Sparks Website and Forward planning
If you would like to join us in a River Thames /Southbank walk before the meal be prepared to go straight from The Millenium to Gloucester Road tube to journey to Southbank area. Time and weather permitting ….if people want to have a bit more of a river walk after the meal …..we’ll make it happen!